Beauty Trends to Try This Spring
Spring cleaning your makeup bag and ready for a beauty overhaul? We partnered with the adorable MUA Daniela Lawson to create fresh, pretty beauty looks to try this season. We also chatted about some of her favorite beauty products and must-haves to help you get your shopping list together!
When did you first fall in love with makeup?
My love for makeup started when I began freshman year of high school. That's when I first started experimenting with makeup and I was hooked! My winged eyeliner was a mess back then but I was just having fun expressing myself!
How did you become a makeup artist?
Practice practice practice! Use your friends, your sisters, your mom, anyone who is willing to sit still for an hour to practice looks on. Persistence has helped my skills come a long way.
Maxed Out Lashes
What are some of your favorite beauty brands (and why?)
I love NYX makeup because it is very accessible, inexpensive, and definitely delivers in product quality. I'm also a sucker for cute packaging, and Benefit Cosmetics does not disappoint! Their products are more high end, but it's absolutely worth the investment.
What was your inspiration behind these spring beauty trends?
Around Spring I always find inspiration in nature. The colorful flowers, the dewy grass, the tones of the sky are all components I kept in mind when doing these Spring beauty trends.
What are 5 products you think everyone should have in their bag?
- Sunscreen. It is so important to protect your skin, and there is no better way than a good SPF!
- Chapstick. My favorite is the EOS lip balm in sweet mint
- Mascara. I carry a mini tube of Benefit's Bad Gal Lash with me because we all have those days where we just need to look more awake than we really are!
- Hand cream. Working frequently with my hands means they dry out a lot so I keep Origin's Ginger Soufflé with me for some much needed moisture.
- Nude lipstick. It goes with every makeup look! My favorite is Maybelline's matte lipstick in clay crush.
What is a beauty look you think every girl should master?
My favorite universal beauty look is a red lip! I just think that no matter what skin tone, hair color, eye color, or face shape you have, you can rock a red lip! Every girl should take some time swatching different shades of red until they find the one that compliments them best. It will become your go-to look that you can dress up or down with!
What would you never leave your house without wearing?
My eyebrows! They help frame my face and I truly don't feel complete without them!
Thanks Daniela! To keep up with Daniela, follow her here on Instagram!